Summer regularly helps contractors and owners on heavy industrial and commercial construction projects. She drafts, reviews, negotiates, and counsels clients on contracts, and handles any disputes related to or arising out of those contracts or the work, including perfecting and foreclosing on (or defending owners against) mechanics’ liens, non-payment, and negligence claims.
- Extensive experience in litigating breach of contract matters related to the provision of environmental and construction services. (Contractor side and owner side.)
- Serves as outside general counsel to an environmental consulting firm.
- Extensive experience in reviewing, negotiating, and providing advice and counsel on contracts and risk management to firms that work in heavy industry, including the oil and gas industry. (Contractor side.)
- Extensive experience in perfecting and prosecuting mechanic’s liens for environmental and construction services. (Contractor side.)
- Extensive experience in negotiating contracts for environmental projects including investigation, remediation, removal, monitoring, engineering of remedial systems, and removal of Underground Storage Tanks (USTs). (Owner side.)
- Extensive experience in working with and managing contractors and consultants for environmental and construction projects. (Owner side.)
- Extensive experience in drafting and negotiating access agreements.